Friday 4 January 2013

Kenanga Growth Fund drops -6.03% of NAV Price

Its surprising indeed to see the drop of Kenanga Growth Fund's NAV price from 0.8097 on 31 December 2012 to 0.7608 on 2 January 2013. A drop of -6.03%, thereby wiping out the growth of this fund for the last 3 months.
Fund drops -6.03% between 31 Dec 2012 and 2 Jan 2013

As an investor who is also invested into Kenanga Growth Fund, I have my concerns especially when the drop is only for this fund while the price for competitor funds like AMB Balanced Trust Fund and Hwang AIIMAN Growth remain stable.


Although I understand the risk involved, I still would like to find out what has caused such as sharp decrease in Kenanga's NAV Price. In fact the most of the funds in the Kenanga's family of funds have also fell in terms of NAV Price.

I just wrote an email to Kenanga at kenanga@kenanga.com.my and hopefully they would provide some form of response to the concerned raised. Will update further once I get the response from them.

Cheers and happy investing!

4 comments:

  1. Dividend payout of 5.75sen. Thanks. The price shown is not adjusted yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there David, where did you get the news from? I checked Kenanga's site but there's no news Dividend payout.

    Since you mentioned that they are paying out Dividend, then no wonder their NAV dropped by that percentage.

    By the way, I have added your site on my Recommended Read section. I got some good information from your analysis, hence the addition of your site to mine.

    Cheers and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. I got it from FSM, dividend payout section. http://www.fundsupermart.com.my/main/fundinfo/dividendHistory.tpl?id=MYKNGGF&lang=en

    ReplyDelete